Your CV says…
- Strong grasp and passion for front-end development.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems such as WordPress.
- Has touched on some PHP or other server-side language.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new web technologies.
- Interested in gaining more experience in backend development.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a professional development environment.
- Have planned and implemented entire projects from design to launch.
- Worked on collaborative projects with designers, developers and clients.
What you’d be doing
Every member of the team has a keen interest in what makes for a compelling user experience, and a successful online business. You’ll share this passion for products and the web, and want to contribute to the team’s ideas regardless of which project you’re working on.
Implementing designs and interactions
With every day introducing a new standard, framework and build tool you are keen to keep yourself informed and make good choices on what to use and when. You are performance and accessibility minded and always focus on the user when making decisions.
Creativity in the browser
Somewhere between design and front-end is where you add your magic. There are always opportunities for you to introduce finishing touches to an interface – be it animations, clever interactions or SVG wizardry.
Our chosen tool for content-driven projects is WordPress, you will be supported by the backend developers throughout these projects but an understanding of this CMS and PHP would be beneficial.
A large part of our work is scoping and building complex, bespoke applications. If you’re keen to dive into this world and learn more about the nuts and bolts behind these it would be a plus.
Since being set up 10 years ago by a designer and a developer Lighthouse has grown into a highly adaptable and flexible team of talented people. We’re not huge but have a big mix of skills allowing us to take projects from concept through to design and development
Starting out as a web design and development studio we’ve changed a little over the years. While we still work with clients to create awesome websites a large part of our business is now spent working with startups and enterprise clients to bring new digital products to market.
- Bonus scheme and pension plan
- Free weekly company lunch on Fridays
- Weekly office yoga sessions
- Company creative outings and hack days
- Training and events budgets
- Booze (and non-booze) in the drinks fridge for all
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chat about the role and to apply.
Please include for us:
- Your CV
- A little bit about yourself
- Something you’ve built recently that you’re proud of (a CodePen, full site, GitHub repo…)