You’ll be a natural communicator, confident to have conversations at all levels including with senior leadership.
You must be able to empathise with our customers, zero in on their specific needs and requirements, and fundamentally position Lighthouse to satisfy those needs. We expect prospects to find your communication credible and pique their interest in what Lighthouse can do for them.
Experienced in outbound sales
You will have experience in delivering outreach to prospective clients in our target markets across multiple channels (e.g. phone, email and LinkedIn). You’ll be able to quickly research and identify key targets and demonstrate the value of Lighthouse in conversation, while booking qualified meetings with prospective clients.
You’ll be given the autonomy to build, develop and iterate strategies and communication templates for outreach to different verticals, working as a key member of our Business Development team and in close partnership with our marketing and content team. As such you will have a thirst to seek new ways to find prospects and target accounts in order to consistently achieve qualified meeting targets and BD pipeline-generated quotas.
Build strong relationships
You’ll be experienced in building strong relationships with prospective clients and internal teams to make this role a success.
We’ll expect you to get to know our design and development team well to understand their craft, the skills within the team and who to lean on for expert assistance when needed. You’ll also work closely with our marketing team, aligning our lead generation efforts with our marketing strategy and using high value content to support your outreach to prospects.
Ability to learn
We don’t expect you to know everything straight away so we’ll provide training to identify pain points, apply qualification criteria and appropriately position our service offerings in order to develop highly engaged leads.
We expect you to keep up-to-date with the latest market trends and industry news relating to digital, UX design and digital product development, so that you can have meaningful conversations with prospects. We will value your input on new techniques, software and strategies that we could be using to increase conversions or drive enquiries.
An eye for detail
We pride ourselves on the detail and depth that we go into in our user research and design work, this is reflected too in the outputs of our sales and marketing process. From documents to communications we expect thought and care to go into every touchpoint that our prospects have with us.
We’re big fans of automation, which we use along with data from our CRM and various other systems to drive business decisions and to constantly improve our processes. You’ll be on top of this to make sure that we can trust the numbers and take action accordingly.
- Set meetings, engage with and fully qualify prospects for handoff to the Head of Business Development
- Join and support sales team in client calls
- Triage inbound leads, write effective contact reports and maintain clear communication with clients and prospects
- Build and maintain a pipeline of lead opportunities in our CRM Pipedrive
- Manage relationships with prospective networks and keep them engaged
- Regularly report on your qualified opportunities to the team, and contribute to action plans
- Manage our CRM ensuring it’s always up to date with data we can trust
- Work with our Head of Business Development to define outreach strategies that enable us to grow in our target markets
Our ideal candidate
- At least 2 years experience of outbound sales in an agency environment and a strong understanding of digital design (UX/UI), digital product development and selling agency services
- An expert communicator with fluent professional English, excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, who can install trust in our clients
- Success / results-driven, fast paced and highly organised
- Personable, outgoing, confident and conscientious
- Relationship builder
- Customer focused
- Commercially astute
- Natural problem solver
- Entrepreneurial and growth mindset
- A fast learner – we’ll give you lots of training and support
- Apple MacBook Pro + kit for a perfect home working setup 💻
- Hybrid working 🏠 💼
- Quarterly bonus scheme + BDR incentive plan 💸
- Private health insurance 👩⚕️
- Weekly online yoga classes 🤸♂️🧘♂️
- Company creative outings and hack days 🎨👾
- Year long agency training programme 📚🎟
- Personal annual training budget 👩🏫
We are a remote-first team, with Headquarters in London UK. We’d like you to join our Head of Business Development in our lovely office (located seconds from Exmouth Market in Clerkenwell) 1-2 times a week.
You should be UK-based, preferably commutable into London but we will consider applications from outside London.
Submit an application using Workable.
The boring small print
Salary is negotiable and will be based on skills and experience.
Sorry, but we are not interested in hearing from recruitment agencies for this one. All enquiries will be ignored.